Research

Re: BUG in security_context_to_sid() ?

From: Park Lee <parklee_sel_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 7 Jan 2005 07:00:31 -0800 (PST)

Fri, 07 Jan 2005 at 09:38, Stephen Smalley wrote:
> On Fri, 2005-01-07 at 09:39, Park Lee wrote:
> > Because there are also other hook functions (such
> > as selinux_inode_setxattr(),
> > selinux_inode_post_setxattr(),
> > selinux_inode_setsecurity(),selinux_setprocattr(),
> > etc.) who will call security_context_to_sid(). If
> > I now change security_context_to_sid(), let it
> > call kmalloc with GFP_ATOMIC rather than its
> > original GFP_KERNEL, will this change cause
> > problem when other hook functions call the
> > modified security_context_to_sid() function?
>
> It could cause them to fail under memory pressure
> rather than blocking and waiting for more memory to
> become available.
> As I said, it would be better if you would change
> your code instead to convert the context to a SID
> while in process context, then just use the SID
> when in irq.

Thanks.

Would you please tell me what the "process context" refers to? Where is the "process context"? Does the "convert the context to a SID while in process context" means calling security_context_to_sid() function in process context?
( As I am a newbie in Linux kernel area, forgive my ignorance please.)

Best Regards,
Park Lee

Do You Yahoo!?