Research

Re: SELinux Doesn't Complete Initialization

From: Stephen Smalley <sds_at_epoch.ncsc.mil>
Date: Mon, 04 Oct 2004 11:18:47 -0400

On Wed, 2004-09-22 at 14:27, Alex Ackerman wrote:
> I'm working on a master's thesis on SELinux and I'm trying to get it
> up and running on my home server. I am able to compile, install, and
> load the policy via "make load" in the policy source directory,
> however I'm unable to get it to come all the way up on a boot. On my
> last go, I set the contexts for the filesystems using the "make
> relabel" function call. There is never an "SELinux: Initialization
> Complete" message and the system defaults to SELinux disabled. Any
> help would be greatly appreciated. Here are the details.

This implies that /sbin/init is never loading policy. From your message, you seem to be running a blend of FC2 with selective rawhide updates related to SELinux - note that you also need an updated SysVinit (and related components, e.g. libsepol). Might be easier to just install FC3T2.

--
Stephen Smalley <sds@epoch.ncsc.mil>
National Security Agency