Research Menu

Module problems after 2.4 upgrade

From: PORTER,CHRISTOPHER B <console_at_ufl.edu>
Date: Sun, 11 Jan 2004 16:01:57 -0500 (EST)

KERNEL: 2.4.20-8
OS: Redhat 9 (Shrike)

I've installed the SE kernel, done make bzdisk, and done make modules and make modules_install. Everything exited successfully, and the floppy boots fine. However, when the system goes to start various services and load modules, I get a range of problems such as those that follow:

"modprobe: Can't locate module ..."

"Do you need to install insmod?"

I double-checked and made sure that loadable module support WAS compiled in. I tried once before to grab new modutils but it didn't pan out. Any suggestions or known problems?

Thank you,

Christopher Porter
console@ufl.edu