Research Menu

Re: Questions about install SELinux in Fedora Core

From: Park Lee <parklee_2004_at_yahoo.com.cn>
Date: Sun, 11 Jan 2004 10:47:03 +0800 (CST)

Dear Russell Coker
You say that:

But there is only the 2.6.0-test11 kernel with SELinux patch applied could be down from www.nsa.gov/selinux.

>quota-tools doesn't matter unless you are using quotas, are >you using quotas?
>For xfsprogs, last I heard XFS support for SE Linux wasn't >quite ready. So
>unless something has changed you have to use Ext3, and >therefore the version
>of xfsprogs does not matter.
>Red Hat uses a different procps to everyone else. Don't worry >about it.

Then do you mean that I can ignore the above problems and install the 2.6 kernel with SELinux patch applied in the Fedora Core(2.4.22-1.2115.nptl ) successfully.

And if I download the newest version of xfsprogs,quota-tools and procps. Could I install them in the Fedora Core(2.4.22-1.2115.nptl ) and do not cause other problems.

Thank you very much!

                                                             Park Lee

                                                             2004-01-11