Research Menu

Re: Sugg. for SELinux enabled Interpreters

From: Russell Coker <russell_at_coker.com.au>
Date: Sat, 23 Apr 2005 07:41:34 +1000

On Tuesday 25 January 2005 07:05, Jochen Schmitt <Jochen@herr-schmitt.de> wrote:
> Hallo,
>
> I have bought a book about SELinux form O'Reilly. In this book it
> was discussed, that some applications, like KDE have issues with
> SELinux.
>
> On KDE the problem is the kdeinit process, which coused, that
> SELinux can not distlinguish the diffent programms started by
> kdeinit.

Below is a message from Luke about this matter. In this example reconfiguring KDE is the better option. I've pasted the message because I have no net access at the moment and can't lookup a URL.

We should get some bugs filed against kdeinit in all the distributions to make this an option that the administrator can configure permanently for the entire system. Also Fedora, RHEL, and any other distribution which gets SE Linux as the default install option should probably default to this.