Research Menu

Re: You mentioned somewhere there is a step by step guide to getting the MLS policy installed on a machine?

From: Paul Moore <paul.moore_at_hp.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Apr 2005 16:24:40 -0400

Stephen Smalley wrote:
> On Wed, 2005-03-23 at 08:57 -0500, Daniel J Walsh wrote:
>

>>If I follow those instructions with the Current Rawhide kernel and the
>>soon to be released selinux-policy-mls, can I get a SELinux/MLS machine
>>up and running or do I need addtional packages from TCS?

> You should be able to get a basic system working without any further
> packages (I did). But you will need to make the home directory and /tmp
> ranged (as mentioned in README.MLS) in order to allow access by multiple
> levels since the polyinstantiated directory support is not in the
> mainline kernel, and are likely to encounter various denials when trying
> to operate at multiple levels. For a fully operational MLS system,
> there will have to be further userspace work.

I just wanted to get some clarification here as the MLS README is a little vague in this area - assuming I have followed all of the install instructions in the README file, what we be the correct label to use for the mountpoints (one of the last steps in the install process), especially the pseudo filesystems such as /proc?

Thanks,

--
. paul.moore@hp.com                                      hewlett packard