Research Menu

SELinux policy configuration tutorial?

From: Tracy R Reed <treed_at_ultraviolet.org>
Date: Fri, 16 Nov 2001 19:00:59 -0800

After months of thinking about it I have finally gotten around to installing SELinux. Very impressive. I am comparing and contrasting it to LIDS and it seems that SELinux is far more flexible although LIDS was far easier to figure out.

I am having problems understanding how to define policies and how the roles, domains, types, etc. work to do this. I am slowly making my way through the documentation on the web site but I find most of it to be quite inscrutable. Has anyone written up a general tutorial on how all of this stuff works in practice?

--
Tracy Reed      http://www.ultraviolet.org
My karma ran over your dogma.