Research Menu

Re: SELinux userspace infrastructure language

From: Stephen Bennett <spb_at_gentoo.org>
Date: Thu, 31 May 2007 20:45:02 +0100

On Thu, 31 May 2007 13:54:23 -0400
"Joshua Brindle" <jbrindle@tresys.com> wrote:

> Given all this I think C++ is the best bet, though I'm not adverse to
> most of the frontends being written in python, it would just be nice
> if the actual policy representation and accessors are available from a
> shared library API that most languages can use.

>From the library side, C++ has the advantage that it can produce
bindings for any language that C can. Writing a library in python pretty much guarantees that noone will write anything using it in anything but python, and on smaller systems the python interpreter can get to be a lot of overhead.

Python for the frontend apps though is entirely reasonable -- it's probably quicker to write, and people are unlikely to want to import it into another application.