Research Menu

audit2allow module generation

From: Anand Patel <apatel_at_tresys.com>
Date: Tue, 29 May 2007 16:25:28 -0400

I am trying to use audit2allow to generate module out of audit messages.

So, I installed refpolicy headers first. Then tried sepolgen-ifgen

%sepolgen-ifgen
% ... some output ...
%parsing file /usr/share/selinux/devel/include/services/snmp.if
%error parsing file /usr/share/selinux/devel/include/services/snmap.if:
%could not parse text: "Syntax error on line 1 ( [type=OPAREN]"

Parser had problem parsing almost all if files and generated above error.
It would been helpful if error included correct line number. Is it parser bug?
Am I doing anything wrong?
Is there any documentation available on how to use this policy generation tools?
What are the dependencies these tools have?

Thanks,

Anand Patel
Tresys Technology
apatel@tresys.com