Research Menu

user_trans/user_trans_boolean macro

From: Ivan Gyurdiev <ivg2_at_cornell.edu>
Date: Sun, 13 Mar 2005 00:33:36 -0500

Is there anything wrong with this patch?

It continues to remove stuff from x_client_domain. This time the type declaration is removed, along with the transboolean stuff. The transition stuff is placed in new macros called user_trans and user_trans_boolean.

Points of interest:

  • can_exec($1_$2_t, $2_exec_t) I don't quite understand what this does, but I remember domains needed it. It was also in the x_client rules.
  • nscd_client_domain was removed for mplayer and mozilla. I didn't see any problems.
  • tmp_domain for tvtime now allows for fifo_file. This addresses a denial I noticed.

If there is nothing wrong with this patch, can I convert other domains in macros/program to use this macro? Is it a problem if they don't have the above can_exec rule?

--
Ivan Gyurdiev <ivg2@cornell.edu>
Cornell University