Research

Re: Process Transition

From: David Caplan <dac_at_tresys.com>
Date: Fri, 12 Mar 2004 13:01:46 -0500

Luckily it doesn't have any effect on the computation of the access vector. If the transition permission bit was _not_ set (and some other permission was set to make avd->allowed evaluate to non zero, i.e. the bug case), and the other conditions were true, the net effect is no different than if the code were correct. A little extra code is run, but no access is granted or illegal transition permitted.

Nice find! (It's also present in checkpolicy's version of services.c, where it also has no net effect).