Research Menu

Re: grsecurity / LSM issue

From: Bill McCarty <bmccarty_at_pt-net.net>
Date: Fri, 12 Mar 2004 09:45:09 -0800

Hi James and all,

--On Wednesday, March 10, 2004 9:55 AM +0000 James de Lurker <jtl2nospamMUNGIEjump@hotmail.com> wrote:

> Would it be possible to make a snapshot clone of the disk and make that
> available to people experienced with forensics? I was thinking of the
> honeypot/net project folks and the competition to analyse a rooted system
> few years back.

I'm the director of a Honeynet Alliance project and work with the Honeynet Project, having been the lead on Scan of the Month #27. If Russell wants to pursue the possibility of using his data as the basic for a Honeynet Project Forensic Challenge, I'd be happy to make the proper introductions. Seeing his SELinux machine as a honeypot might be pushing the envelope a bit; but doing so makes sense to me.

Cheers,

Bill McCarty