Research

Re: make relabel: invalid context

From: Thomas Bleher <bleher_at_informatik.uni-muenchen.de>
Date: Mon, 29 Mar 2004 14:25:41 +0200

  • Koen Vervloesem <koen.vervloesem@student.kuleuven.ac.be> [2004-03-29 00:37]:
    > >I hit this problem when trying to use a version 16 policy on a kernel
    > >which was not configured for it (that is vanilla 2.6.4). Try to set
    > >POLICYCOMPAT = -c in the Makefile and also delete
    > >/etc/security/selinux/policy.16 , this should fix it.
    >
    > OK. Many thanks for the help. I changed the Makefile, deleted the
    > policy.16 file, and reran make policy and make install. Now I didn't
    > get any errors. But is this normal:
    >
    > root@carnivore:~/policy-1.8# make load
    > /usr/sbin/load_policy /etc/security/selinux/policy.15
    > touch tmp/load
    > root@carnivore:~/policy-1.8# make relabel
    > /usr/sbin/setfiles file_contexts/file_contexts `mount | awk '/(ext[23]|
    > xfs).*rw/{print $3}'`
    > /usr/sbin/setfiles: read 0 specifications

I'm not completely sure here, but you might try to replace /usr/sbin/genhomedircon with the version from the NSA home page (package policycoreutils) Last time I checked the Debian version was a little outdated[0] and didn't work on my system. The NSA version needed a little tweaking (change policy-source-directory to /etc/selinux and create /etc/default/useradd with one line "HOME=/home") but worked fine afterwards.

Thomas

[0]: see: http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=239539

--
GPG-Fingerprint: BC4F BB16 30D6 F253 E3EA  D09E C562 2BAE B2F4 ABE7
"Work like you don't need the money, love like you've never been hurt