Research Menu

RE: Denials from newest kernel

From: Venkat Yekkirala <vyekkirala_at_TrustedCS.com>
Date: Fri, 6 Oct 2006 11:11:19 -0400

Joshua Brindle wrote:
> On Fri, 2006-10-06 at 10:23 -0400, Venkat Yekkirala wrote:

Stephen and others can correct me if I am wrong, but while the naming was bin/null'd AFTER the con call, the policy was going to be done substantially as related in the peer conversation.

> the conference
> call we had
> indicated that the new model was going to be
>
> 1) domains send/recv packets

1(a). packets "carry" originating socket domains 1(b). domains "recv" from other domains the packets are "carrying".

> 2) packets flow_in and flow_out associations

2(a) Associations again merely "carry" the domain of the originating socket

     and as such are not of much relevance. 2(b) domains as carried by packets can either flow_in or flow_out of

     the security points as defined using the secmark rules.

> 3) domains polmatch spd's (which are classified as associations)

I wish the association class were renamed more like "ipsec" considering the only 2 perms used in there are polmatch and setcontext.

> 4) domains sendto/recvfrom associations

In the compat_net case, yes. But not in the secmark world.