Research

Re: avc: denied with kernel module

From: Russell Coker <russell_at_coker.com.au>
Date: Wed, 3 Nov 2004 03:17:15 +1100

On Tue, 2 Nov 2004 09:12, Jaspreet Singh <jsingh@ensim.com> wrote:
> I am using a overlay-fs module .. and tried setting security context on
> files and got this message ....

What is the entry in /proc/filesystems for that file system?

> avc: denied { associate } for pid=1530 exe=/usr/sbin/setfiles
> name=public_html dev=overlay_fs ino=42
> scontext=site1-admin:object_r:httpd_site1_content_t
> tcontext=system_u:object_r:unlabeled_t tclass=filesystem

Your problem is that the filesystem has type unlabeled_t.

Does this overlay-fs support xattrs? If so then something like the following in the policy should work:

fs_use_xattr XXX system_u:object_r:fs_t;

Replace XXX with the file system name from /proc/filesystems.

PS audit2allow generates really bad policy if you use it without understanding the policy. Any time you use audit2allow because you don't understand what else to do the result will probably be wrong.