Research

Re: Updated SELinux Release

From: Stephen Smalley <sds_at_epoch.ncsc.mil>
Date: Thu, 04 Nov 2004 08:33:45 -0500

On Wed, 2004-11-03 at 19:59, Manoj Srivastava wrote: > I have been looking at the changes in libsepol, and I see
> these changes to the API:

<snip>

> 	Unfortunately, this has not been accompanied with an soname

> change, this can't be a good thing. I would suggest bumping up the
> soname to match the version (libsepol.so.1.2), to minimize confusion.

libsepol only exports a very limited API via the shared library. The majority of its API is only exported via the static library, and is only for programs that are tightly coupled to it (like checkpolicy, from which it was originally created).

--
Stephen Smalley <sds@epoch.ncsc.mil>
National Security Agency