Research Menu

Re: Problems with install

From: Stephen Smalley <sds_at_tislabs.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2001 15:23:55 -0400 (EDT)

On Wed, 24 Oct 2001, White, Tom (AZ15) wrote:

> I am trying to implement the SELinux patch on a Red Hat 7.1 box. I did the
> Kernel build following the documentation on the NSA web site. I got to step
> 2 in the INSTALLING section and when I do a make install in the module
> directory I get the following output:

Which release of SELinux are you using, and which download option did you use?

> [root@warthog module]# make install
> rm -f selinux_plug/include/asm selinux_plug/arch/machine
> ( cd selinux_plug/include ; ln -sf asm-i386 asm)
> ( cd selinux_plug/arch ; ln -sf i386 machine)

Based on this output, it looks like you are using an older release. As of the most recent release, the creation of the architecture symbolic links was moved into the selinux_plug Makefiles. In any event, this should have happened during the kernel build, so something is wrong here.

> cd ../../lsm/include/asm; install unistd.h /usr/local/selinux/include/asm
> cd selinux_plug/ss; install checkpolicy /usr/local/selinux/bin
> install: cannot stat `checkpolicy': No such file or directory
> make: *** [install] Error 1

The checkpolicy program should have been compiled during the kernel build. Again, this suggests that your kernel build didn't really succeed. Did you enable SELinux in the kernel configuration?

--
Stephen D. Smalley, NAI Labs
ssmalley@nai.com

--
You have received this message because you are subscribed to the selinux list.