Research

Re: Problems with eth0

From: Stephen Smalley <sds_at_tislabs.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Oct 2001 10:22:29 -0400 (EDT)

On Wed, 10 Oct 2001, Carl Carpenter wrote:

> Seriously, I have a problem when running the SELinux kernel in that the eth0
> module can't be found during bootup (modprobe: can't locate module eth0).

You need to customize your kernel configuration for your hardware. The default kernel configuration (part of the mainstream linux kernel tree, not modified by LSM/SELinux) doesn't enable many network card drivers. You need to enable the driver for your network card under the Network device support menu.

--
Stephen D. Smalley, NAI Labs
ssmalley@nai.com

--
You have received this message because you are subscribed to the selinux list.