Research

RE: A notion

From: Tim Hollebeek <thollebeek_at_cigital.com>
Date: Mon, 1 Oct 2001 19:46:10 -0400

I don't know if Crispin Cowan watches the selinux list, but this is exactly the sort of thinking that inspired stackguard. To paraphrase a recent comment of his, it seems that whenever you investigate a method of enhancing security using randomization, similar thinking will provide a protection mechanism which will perform even better than the randomization.