Research

RE: A notion

From: Phillip H. Zakas <pzakas_at_toucancapital.com>
Date: Mon, 1 Oct 2001 18:47:49 -0400

polymorphic code usually follows one (or a combo) of three paths: 1) randomly insert NOPs into the code; 2) break codes into pieces (sort of like objects) and randomize placement and use JMP commands to keep the code in proper order; 3) develop a 'translation' mechanism and use tokens to represent code instructions...as code is executed, the translation code interprets and translates each token. not sure this is completely on-topic for SELINUX, but it does have application.

cheers-
phillip