Research Menu

Re: FYI SELinux/AppArmor press

From: cwarner <cwarner_at_kernelcode.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Feb 2006 22:20:25 -0500

On Tue, 2006-02-28 at 16:02 +0100, Erich Schubert wrote:
> Hello Daniel, Hello SELinux list,
> I've posted a rather critical reply to the "AppArmor vs. SELinux"
> discussion to my blog at http://blog.drinsama.de/erich/en/linux/selinux
>
> In my opinion, AppArmor can indeed kill SELinux, even when it provides
> much lesser security - by just incorporating the community better than
> SELinux does.
>
> best regards,
> Erich Schubert

I think everyone is mostly aware of the documentation issue, that said. Seeing as everyone keeps saying easier to use. Can you state an explicit example please? From Crispin Corwan's slides and the constant "easier to use" barrage I'd expect an example.

How is AppArmor easier to use? Negating the fact that I would have to learn something new.

--
Christopher Warner