Research

Re: Genhomedircon - C or Python?

From: Ivan Gyurdiev <ivg2_at_cornell.edu>
Date: Sat, 18 Feb 2006 10:27:11 -0500

> The function expand_symbol should take arguments:
>
> - a symbol to expand (this will be the regexp, or the context (if
> there is one))
> - a context (some data structure of unknown type, possibly
> polymorphic, containing the expansion data)
> - a function ( (context, name) -> expanded_name)
This looks confused, on the first line I mean a security context (i.e. ROLE_something_t).

On the second and third line (and below) I mean an environment/context in which things are expanded - i.e. in the context of user root (so name = root, selinux_name = root, homedir = /root, and role = sysadm_r), or in the context of the /home directory (so home_root = /home).