Research Menu

RE: [SEPOL][SEMANAGE] Nodecon Support: Try 1

From: Chad Hanson <chanson_at_TrustedCS.com>
Date: Fri, 10 Feb 2006 20:55:27 -0500

>> Attached is a resync of the same patch to current CVS.
>Ok, this patch needs more work, I guess.

>According to Chad Hanson (on IRC) the kernel reorders by netmask, which
>will not work with this patch.

I guess I need to correct myself, that checkpolicy, not the kernel orders the nodecon rules.

http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=selinux&m=109906728301734&w=2
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=selinux&m=109968743026327&w=2
http://cvs.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.py/selinux/nsa/selinux-usr/checkpolicy/po
licy_parse.y?r1=1.24&r2=1.25

>If this is the case, then this problem is equivalent to the issue with
>ports - namely, the strategy to replace exact key match, and prepend
>everything else in front does not work, and creates problems. The code
>needs to be smarter on updates - needs to edit port ranges and nodecon
>entries that are overridden locally, and make the appropriate changes.

The ordering by checkpolicy allows the nodecon rules to be unordered, even though it may be confusing to an administrator. A network rule prepended to a list won't have precendence to a exact host rule.

>Other comments by Chad:
>- no preference on byte order - should probably follow policy
>convention (network byte order?)
>- byte arrays are better than integer ones

Correct

-Chad