Research Menu

Re: writing refpolicy modules...

From: Stephen Smalley <sds_at_tycho.nsa.gov>
Date: Mon, 06 Feb 2006 14:11:55 -0500

On Mon, 2006-02-06 at 13:49 -0500, Stephen Smalley wrote:
> On Mon, 2006-02-06 at 12:09 -0600, Joy Latten wrote:
> > We (Deb and I) have a few questions in regards to creating new modules
> > within refpolicy architecture. We have installed FC5-Test2 and we
> > are converting old policy to the new refpolicy format.
> >
> > Is it ok to use the selinux-policy source rpm from rawhide as
> > a source tree to build a refpolicy module? I understand that the
> > necessary headers to build independent of source are not yet available.
>
> Looks like there is a selinux-policy-devel in rawhide. Installs
> under /usr/share/selinux/refpolicy. So it might be worth updating to
> the rawhide selinux-policy and installing selinux-policy-devel to try it
> out.

Looks like there is a simple policygentool script under /usr/share/selinux/refpolicy that can be used to generate a stub .te, .fc, and .if file for a new module/domain (although I assume that it is a mistake that the module name is left as TEMPLATE in the generated file), and then you can run make on the Makefile in that directory to generate a policy module package. At which point you can insert it via semodule -i.

--
Stephen Smalley
National Security Agency