Research Menu

tty files, console login on debian

From: Erich Schubert <erich_at_debian.org>
Date: Tue, 09 Nov 2004 19:19:34 +0100

Hi Russel,
I just updated my system to your lates debian policy package. Afterwards I could no longer login on the console, ssh worked. I believe i found the problem in types/file.te: I solved it by adding the following:

allow { dev_fs ttyfile } fs_t:filesystem associate;

Since the type of the staff/user ttys is "ttyfile", but no longer "device_type". Maybe you'll prefer a different fix, though. It is also possible that the mountpoint or so needs to be relabeled? (redhat appears to have tmpfs_t there, not fs_t)

Greetings,
Erich Schubert

--
     erich@(vitavonni.de|debian.org)    --    GPG Key ID: 4B3A135C    (o_
            There are only 10 types of people in the world:           //\