Research Menu

Re: SE Linux on Debian

From: Russell Coker <russell_at_coker.com.au>
Date: Wed, 2 Oct 2002 02:01:46 +0200

Yes, but you can get my packages for unstable from: deb http://www.coker.com.au/selinux/ ./

> Here are the debs:
>
> libselinux-dev
> selinux
> selinux-policy-default
>
> But the new ps, ls, sshd, etc. do not seem to be included here. Where do I
> get those? Are they not in a deb?

They are in coreutils, fileutils, shellutils, textutils, cron, dpkg, ssh, login, logrotate, procps, and psmisc packages.

> When I installed the new policy it asked a lot of questions such as:
>
> Setting up selinux-policy-default (2002082308-4.bam.1) ...
> File "domains/program/apache.te" changed.
> Copy/Ignore/Always ignore/view Diff [c/I/a/d]?
>
> I said Copy to all of them. I'm not running all of that but I will be
> playing with various different things so I want the latest policies
> installed. When it was done asking questions I got this error:
>
> /usr/sbin/checkpolicy: loading policy configuration from
> /etc/security/selinux/src/policy.conf
>
> ERROR 'parse error' at token 'run_program' on line 71322:
> run_program(sysadm_t, sysadm_r, deb, dpkg_exec_t, dpkg_t)

It looks like you are missing the run_program_macros.te file. It should be in /etc/selinux/macros/programs , you can copy it manually from /usr/share/selinux/policy/default/macros/program/run_program_macros.te .