Research Menu

Re: policy configuration problems

From: Tom <tom_at_lemuria.org>
Date: Wed, 8 Oct 2003 21:17:08 +0200

On Thu, Oct 09, 2003 at 12:47:22AM +0800, lky wrote:
> Hi, I have installed 2.4-based SELinux on Redhat9.0 and I want to eliminate the denied messages now. But there are several problems about my policy configuration.
> First,there are still several system processes run within the initrc_t domain. I have moved up the .te files for these programes from the policy/domains/program/unused directory before building the policy and the pathname for these programs in the .fc files are right as well. Below is the
> associated messages with the command "ps -e --context":

Check if the binaries are labelled correctly, i.e. do something like:

ls --context /usr/sbin/xinetd
(or wherever it is installed in redhat)

it should be system_u:system_r:inetd_exec_t if I remember correctly. If it's the generic :sbin_t then no transition happens.

same for the other programs.

--
http://web.lemuria.org/pubkey.html
pub  1024D/2D7A04F5 2002-05-16 Tom Vogt <tom@lemuria.org>