Research

Re: Ok, I know this has been asked before, but why is there an ls_exec_t?

From: Russell Coker <rcoker_at_redhat.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Nov 2004 09:10:12 +1100

ls_exec_t is for ftpd. But as ftp servers seem to either be moving in the direction of minimal functionality and ls being built in or of maximum functionality which includes automatically running tar and gzip it seems that this isn't providing much benefit.

On Mon, 2004-11-22 at 15:33 -0500, Daniel J Walsh wrote:
> Is there really a good reason for hostname_exec_t?

Yes, it means that we can reduce the access granted to initrc_t. But if you have unlimitedRC then it provides no benefit.