Research Menu

Re: sepcut is broken

From: Karl MacMillan <kmacmillan_at_tresys.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Jan 2004 11:45:32 -0500

On Wed, 2004-01-21 at 17:55, Mark Shakespeare wrote:
> Just did a fresh install of Fedora core 1, and then ran Dan Walsh's
> selUpgrade script.
>
> Had a few conflicts to deal with....mostly glibc 2.3.3, tk 8.4,tcl 8.4
> and db4.2.52
>
> Resolved conflicts...ran script again and it went ok.
>
> Had to install bwidget manually.

Why did you have to install it manually? Also, are you using Dan's packages for setools or ours?

> Now sepcut is broken...error:page"pct_Test:text" does not exist...

We're looking into this, but at first glance it looks like there might be something wrong with your installation. Can you download our source and try that:

http://www.tresys.com/selinux/selinux_policy_tools.html

If you are using tcl 8.4 you might have to change the top level makefile - just change the TCLVER variable at the top to 8.4.

> There were many duplicate .te files in the
> /etc/security/selinux/src/policy/domains/program and unused....which
> were resolved.

Dan and Russell - I noticed this as well. Is this duplication intentional? This breaks the convention, on which sepcut depends, that a .te file is either in programs or unused but not both.. We are making sepcut handle this situation more gracefully, but I would like to see this convention retained.

> seaudit works fine...so does apol and seuserx

Great.

Karl

> Any help would be appreciated.
>
> Thanks.
> --
> * Mark Shakespeare *
> * Engineering Computer Operations Team *
> * Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory *
> * 7000 East Ave L-130 *
> * Livermore,Ca 94550 *
> * 925-423-9922 mshakes@llnl.gov *

Karl MacMillan