Research

Re: selinux-policy-mls is now available for your testing pleasure.

From: Paul Moore <paul.moore_at_hp.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Apr 2005 08:54:55 -0400

James Morris wrote:
> On Tue, 19 Apr 2005, Paul Moore wrote:
>

>>  5 Enabled the MLS policy via the Fedora GUI tool and ensured that the
>>    relabel option was selected
>>  6 Rebooted with the new MLS policy only to have the machine lock,
>>    it wasn't able to execute something related to init (I should have
>>    taken better notes here - sorry)

> You still need to perform the manual mointpoint relabeling per the MLS
> readme.

Yup, figured that one out the hard way ... ;) ... just figured I would mention it here since Dan's original post didn't make any reference to having to do any manual relabel operations.

>>10 Rebooted with 'single' and noticed lots of permission denied
>>    messages pertaining to '/dev/.udevdb/*' files

> Odd, I haven't seen that.

Taking a bit of a closer look, the files with a permission denied error seem to be missing a SELinux context as well as any permission flags as well as an owner and group (ls -Z fills the fields in with a '?').

I'll try fixing them manually (or maybe just deleting them since it looks like udev recreates them on boot anyway) and see what happens.

> Did you update to all of the new SELinux packages in Dan's FTP directory?

Not originally no, but looking at them this morning all the versions I have installed are the same versions as Dan's or newer. I also noticed that Dan setup that directory as a YUM repository so I added it to my list and did a yum update - no new/updated packages.

--
. paul.moore@hp.com                                      hewlett packard