Research Menu

Re: Problems to compile the src.rpm packages on Red Hat Linux 9.0

From: Stephen Smalley <sds_at_epoch.ncsc.mil>
Date: Wed, 31 Mar 2004 12:49:42 -0500

On Wed, 2004-03-31 at 11:25, Valdis.Kletnieks@vt.edu wrote:
> Either I'm missing something, or the FC2 test2 RPMS still only speak
> the policy.15 format, no sign of .16/.17 yet. Can somebody enlighten
> me as to whether
>
> a) I'm dense and forgot to do <FOO>?
> b) it's already in the Fedora pipe and should arrive shortly?
> c) Punt and roll my own while I wait for the RPM to show up?

The userland support was included in FC2 test2 for policy.16, but disabled by default since the kernel did not include the support yet. However, the latest kernel package from FC2 devel does include policy.16 support (since it is now in 2.6.5-rcX). So if you install FC2 test2 and update your kernel, then you should be able to comment out the POLICYCOMPAT definition in the policy Makefile and build and use policy.16.

For policy.17, you still need to build a patched kernel and checkpolicy at present, but you should otherwise be able to use FC2 test2 as your base. I expect that SysVinit will get updated to search for any of the supported policy versions, but that is to provide compatibility for people using older policies.

--
Stephen Smalley <sds@epoch.ncsc.mil>
National Security Agency