Research

Re: [ PATCH ] X clients cleanup Patch #3

From: Ivan Gyurdiev <ivg2_at_cornell.edu>
Date: Sat, 02 Apr 2005 10:43:09 -0500

On Sat, 2005-04-02 at 22:27 +1000, Russell Coker wrote:
> On Saturday 02 April 2005 22:04, Daniel J Walsh <dwalsh@redhat.com> wrote:
> > Do we want to remove tmpfs_domain from base_user_domain. I would prever
> > to have policy where X privs for users is optional.
> > Think eventually about loadable modules, where you have a X user support
> > module. Server users need a lot less privs.
>
> When you say "X is optional" do you mean to have a boolean or to have it
> optional at compile time?
>
> If a boolean then we would probably have the boolean not stop tmpfs access.
> If optional at compile time then we certainly want tmpfs_domain in
> base_user_domain.
>
> I think that in any case we probably want tmpfs_domain in base_user_domain
> just for best structure of policy.

How do I prevent the tmpfs type from being declared twice (causing a compile error)? Can't put it in both x_client and user, and other domains don't declare a tmpfs_domain themselves - they rely on x_client to do it for them.

I didn't like this either, but removing tmpfs_domain from x_client also seemed like a bad idea - it causes denials for everything. Moving it into the individual domains is a problem, because then you're relying on a type in x_client that might not have been declared.

--
Ivan Gyurdiev <ivg2@cornell.edu>
Cornell University