Research

Re: SELinux project

From: Trent Jaeger <jaegert_at_us.ibm.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Sep 2003 17:31:22 -0400

So you have the following reqs:

(1) Some form of Biba/BLP policy -- SELinux can provide support, but it
depends on the details of your policy. SELinux does not directly support Biba, so you'd probably have to think in TE model and map (or verify as we do).
(2) Use signatures to establish labels and encryption for secrecy -- this
is mostly outside SELinux, so it should be doable
(3) Multi-domain policies -- not supported explicitly in SELinux. If you
have administrative control over the computers in question this could be done, but it is an open task.

Trent.

Trent Jaeger
IBM T.J. Watson Research Center
19 Skyline Drive