Research Menu

Re: Logo Artwork for SELinux?

From: Elvedin Trnjanin <elvedin_at_ods.org>
Date: Mon, 12 Apr 2004 10:18:59 -0500 (CDT)

I completely agree with you on that but I doubt many of the forgein developers and users would like to display that for whatever reason they wish. Cryptography represents the NSA though or perhaps include something of a historical significance to the NSA?

> On Mon, Apr 12, 2004 at 09:57:36AM -0500, Elvedin Trnjanin wrote:
>> I suggest we avoid any preference to a country or orginization (US or
>> UN)
>> and just perhaps go with some cryptography related thing, random numbers
>> (1s, 0s) in the background or something of that sort.
>
> Although keep in mind that although it is open source,
> they paid for it. There have been many good contributions
> from people all over, but it doesn't change the fact that
> the lions share of the work was done by persons working
> on an NSA research project. They get the credit for
> Selinux, not some amorphous 'us'.
>
> I think the logo should reflect who paid... If there
> were to be votes on this, Smalley, Holm, etc al should
> get a hundred each, a few people like Russell and Colin
> deserve a couple votes... I and some others might *barely*
> deserve one each.
>
> More practically though, I'd suggest the PI (Smalley)
> has the final say.
>
> --
> Dale Amon amon@islandone.org +44-7802-188325
> International linux systems consultancy
> Hardware & software system design, security
> and networking, systems programming and Admin
> "Have Laptop, Will Travel"

Elvedin Trnjanin
elvedin@ods.org
http://www.ods.org