Research

Re: Patched SuSE 7.2 openssh-2.9p1 / Policy for SuSE 7.2?

From: Stephen Smalley <sds_at_tislabs.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2001 13:09:20 -0400 (EDT)

On Mon, 22 Oct 2001, James Bishop wrote:

> As far as I can see from the flask.pdf and policy-200109261436.pdf
> documents, I should define a domain for blogd. Domain definitions (e.g.
> for syslogd & klogd, which appear to be related to blogd - my
> assumption) reside in the policy/domains/system/*te files, but in
> general, how should I determine what privileges / capabilities should be
> assigned to a new executable?

The easiest approach is to simply create a stub domain for the program and try running the program in that domain while in permissive mode. You can then examine the avc audit messages to determine what permissions are being requested by the process, and can incrementally refine your .te file based on this information.

--
Stephen D. Smalley, NAI Labs
ssmalley@nai.com

--
You have received this message because you are subscribed to the selinux list.