Research Menu

Re: Desktop apps interoperability

From: Ivan Gyurdiev <ivg2_at_cornell.edu>
Date: Mon, 28 Mar 2005 00:03:32 -0500

Okay that was an unfinished email - sorry for my stupidity - I was editing it and changing things and clicked send by mistake.

The problem is accurately described (in the first part of the email) and what I was getting to - I'm trying to imagine how desktop apps can be confined properly in the future (and right now, for that matter). How will they interoperate and share data?

I was thinking of a ~/downloads folder with a shared context, but this makes sense for apps that download stuff. In the future if desktop apps are confined (say openoffice, abiword) this becomes a more generic problem.

--

Ivan Gyurdiev <ivg2@cornell.edu>
Cornell University