Research Menu

Re: RBAC/Types Hierarchy

From: John Scroggins <dataefx_at_earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 15 Aug 2001 18:17:35 -0700

Eric Peters wrote:

> I'm afraid I would be a poor addition to counsel others in the use of
> SELinux as I myself am just learning to use it. (Still hoping I can manage
> the Hierarchy restrictions - else I'll see about implementing them with a
> standard file based ACL)

snip>>
I think this may apply to all the people that were mentioned, but we all have to start somewhere. The more we explore the possibilities, the better the documentation. Projects are only as successful as their docs represent, your questions may turn out to be a life saver, for someone else.
snip>>

> I am more than interested in perusing anything you guys are writing however.
> There is definately to some regard, a need for multiple example policy files
> to be developed for different operating environments, which could be easily
> modeled and adapted by users of SELinux.

snip>>
again you exhibit the ability to add value to the subject of WHAT to document-- don't sell yourself short :) If you'd like, I can just tag your name as a contributor -- I am excited to attempt this (along with others), and I believe this whole project has substantial merit. If you change your mind let me know

cheers

--JS
snip>>