Research Menu

Re: preserving user-set contexts

From: Joshua Brindle <jbrindle_at_snu.edu>
Date: Tue, 27 Apr 2004 23:05:58 -0500

This xattr could be protected by selinux couldn't it?

user.selinux could be 0 or 1 and selinux_inode_security could be modified to apply policy to setting this attribute..

So not only would there be DAC restrictions we could also enforce writing the label only on files that the user has the ability to relabel   to.

Joshua Brindle