Research Menu

Re: /etc/passwd labeling issues

From: Stephen Smalley <sds_at_epoch.ncsc.mil>
Date: Tue, 27 Apr 2004 11:41:34 -0400

On Mon, 2004-04-26 at 23:25, Russell Coker wrote:
> On Tue, 27 Apr 2004 08:44, "Ed Street" <edstreet@street-tek.com> wrote:
> > So we have 2 choices for our debian users. A) Change the password, change
>
> No, we have only one realistic choice. To fix PAM and make it work correctly
> as it does in Fedora.

Or use the wrapper-based approach of the older SELinux, i.e. spasswd and friends.

As I recall, Fedora includes more than just a modified pam for this purpose; it also required modifications to libuser, shadow-utils, and components of util-linux to preserve contexts on /etc/passwd and /etc/shadow.

--
Stephen Smalley <sds@epoch.ncsc.mil>
National Security Agency