Research Menu

Re: [RFC & PATCH] inherited type definition.

From: Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton <lkcl_at_lkcl.net>
Date: Wed, 16 Mar 2005 10:13:39 +0000

On Wed, Mar 16, 2005 at 01:35:36PM +0900, Kaigai Kohei wrote:
> Hi Karl, Thanks for your comments.
>
> > Not exactly - that is certainly one problem, but the main problem is that I want
> > the ability to create a group of types based on another group of types, e.g. I
> > want to create staff_ssh_t and staff_home_ssh_t based on the corresponding user
> > types. In this model staff_ssh_t wouldn't have any access to user_home_ssh_t,
> > instead it will have the same access that user_ssh_t has to user_home_ssh_t
> > except to staff_home_ssh_t.

 oh _drat_.

 you might be running into almost exactly the same stupid  pre-processor issues i ran into in gcc with c++ (if you pre-process,  how can you use c++ templates on macro-pre-processed code???)

 *thinks some more*.

 karl, could you elaborate with an example?

 if you put the inheritance statement into the macro, such that it gets  expanded out, why is there a problem?

 $1_t extends $1_something_t

 l.