[NIFL-HEALTH:4689] request advice re: HL training

From: Alison M. Colbert (amcolbert@verizon.net)
Date: Wed Mar 09 2005 - 14:43:42 EST

Date: Wed, 9 Mar 2005 14:43:42 -0500 (EST)
Sender: nifl-health@literacy.nifl.gov
From: "Alison M. Colbert" <amcolbert@verizon.net>
To: Multiple recipients of list <nifl-health@literacy.nifl.gov>
Subject: [NIFL-HEALTH:4689] request advice re: HL training

My name is Alison Colbert and I am a doctoral student in nursing at the
University of Pittsburgh. I am planning on doing my dissertation on
health literacy, specifically a mixed-methods study on health literacy,
self-efficacy, and medication adherence in an HIV population. I was
hoping for input and guidance about my research and course of study.
Pittsburgh has a variety of excellent and helpful resources, but
unfortunately, I will need to look beyond the university to get the
training I need in health literacy. This could come in the form of
independent studies, distance education, mentoring, etc. I have done a
significant amount of research in the area (and have read publications
from several members of this list-serv) and I will be attending the
Health Literacy conference in California in May.

Any advice, suggestions, pearls of wisdom, cautionary tales, etc would
be most appreciated. If you prefer, you can email me privately at
amcolbert@verizon.net. Thank you.

Alison
Alison Colbert, MSN, APRN