[NIFL-HEALTH:4668] Multilingual generic drug information in multiple formats

From: HealthwaySoftware (magillispie@healthwaysoftware.com)
Date: Mon Feb 28 2005 - 12:07:52 EST

Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2005 12:07:52 -0500 (EST)
Sender: nifl-health@literacy.nifl.gov
From: HealthwaySoftware <magillispie@healthwaysoftware.com>
To: Multiple recipients of list <nifl-health@literacy.nifl.gov>
Subject: [NIFL-HEALTH:4668] Multilingual generic drug information in multiple formats

   With funding from the Food and Drug Administration's Seattle District
office Healthy Roads Media has now posted a new set of materials (written,
audio and "movie-like") in four languages (English, Spanish, Russian and
Vietnamese) entitled "Facts About Generic Drugs".  These files can be
downloaded and used off-line as well as on-line.  Any feedback would be
helpful.  We are trying to understand if this is a useful way to
disseminate health information. We are especially interested in learning
whether the enhanced (audio and multimedia) formats enhance understanding
of health information for those with limited reading ability.
    The files can be found at www.healthyroadsmedia.org

Mary Alice Gillispie, MD
Healthy Roads Media, Director