[NIFL-HEALTH:4725] The Writing & Designing Guide I am writing

From: Trenter, Marcia L (TRENTERM@cder.fda.gov)
Date: Mon May 23 2005 - 19:11:10 EDT

Date: Mon, 23 May 2005 19:11:10 -0400 (EDT)
Sender: nifl-health@literacy.nifl.gov
From: "Trenter, Marcia L" <TRENTERM@cder.fda.gov>
To: Multiple recipients of list <nifl-health@literacy.nifl.gov>
Subject: [NIFL-HEALTH:4725] The Writing & Designing Guide I am writing

For Jeanne McGee:  FDA's Center for Drug Evaluation and Research is
developing a style guide for publications that are written for consumers. A
colleague sent me the below posting you wrote on 11/7/04.  I was wondering
if these guides are/or when they will be, available.  Thank you.  Marcia
Trenter FDA/CDER

Jeanne McGee wrote on 11/07/04 <<The second edition of this Writing &
Designing Guide will be a two volume set. One volume is the updated and
expanded edition of the Writing & Designing Guide, with detailed guidelines
for writing, design, and language translation. The other is a book of
methods for testing draft versions of written materials, written in a
friendly and non-technical style for people without a research background.
These are both big books with lots of examples. They maintain the original
guide's reader-centered approach that stresses cultural appropriateness, the
needs of less-skilled readers, and the integration of writing and design.>>