National Institute for Literacy

[Technology 1379] Re: Send your students a phone message, yourself a reminder, or....

Kuulei Reeser kuulei.reeser at mauihui.org
Fri Nov 16 17:22:21 EST 2007

Hi David,

I hope this email is not arriving too late to participate in your offer to
provide the URL for this phone message service.

With this service, I can envision our teachers using this service to remind
students of homework assignments, tests, fieldtrips, etc. I can also
envision it being used by the students on class projects in order to
collaborate with each other. For example, our high school foundations kids
(pre-GED) recently went on a field trip to our ocean center and each was
assigned a fish species to study. If we had this service, each student
could send a phone message to the other students highlighting 5 features of
their species, then the other students could save each message and record
them in their notes when they got back to class. This could all be done at
the ocean center when the students are scattered across the site studying
their fish.

Just an idea. I am interested in hearing more about this service.

Thanks,

Ku'ulei Reeser

Hui Malama Learning Center

Technology Coordinator