National Institute for Literacy

[Technology 1351] Re: Language Acquisition & Technology

akira at boston sabes akira.kamiya at umb.edu
Thu Oct 11 14:00:41 EDT 2007

Hi Melinda,
Funny you ask this...
I am right now doing some research on a related topic.

I have found this book to be excellent.
Teaching Every Student in the Digital Age / Universal Design for Learning
David H. Rose and Anne Mayer

In fact a lot of the book is on line on the CAST website
Center for Applied Special Technology
cast.org

See this link
its got the text of the book
http://www.cast.org/teachingeverystudent/ideas/tes/

And more generally
http://www.cast.org/teachingeverystudent/

it ties together a lot of good congitive science and research to practical
class room examples.

- ak

AKIRA KAMIYA
Adult Literacy Resource Institute
Computer Field Technologist - Greater Boston
http://sabes.org/technology

Tel 617-287-4075
The people have the power... to wrestle the earth from fools
-Patti Smith