National Institute for Literacy

[Technology 962] Re: handhelds day 2

Marilyn Williams williams_ma at 4j.lane.edu
Fri Apr 20 17:39:28 EDT 2007

I understand that there are sites doing some pretty creative work with cellphones. An issue
would be availability (would the school purchase cellphones and a 2 year plan?) as well as
uniformity (if students used their own, might be difficult to teach). I don't know if cell phones
can upload/download the same kinds of applications which have been developed for computers
and PDAs either. The portability of a cellphone would certainly be something to consider.

Marilyn Williams
6th Grade Language Arts/Social Studies
Kennedy Middle School
Eugene, OR