National Institute for Literacy

[Technology 1391] Re: New technology skills for living in a democracy

Eric Bragg bragge324 at gmail.com
Thu Nov 22 16:01:03 EST 2007

David,

Thanks so much for you post. I have been working with film with 5th graders
for the last four years. Teaching them this new digital technology has been
very rewarding for them, and they really enjoy learning how movies are made.
After my work with the students, I've had many of them go on to work at the
middle and high school levels with films and even made their own movies to
put on You Tube. The only thing to be cautious about is that most kids
under 18 have to sign a publicity release before they can upload themselves
to a website within the academic setting. Privately, they can do whatever
they like. Encouraging them to play with this technology will ultimately
make them more prepared to survive in a digital world.

Eric Bragg