National Institute for Literacy

[Technology 1345] Re: Tech Self-Assessment, what about tutors?

jennfwms at aol.com jennfwms at aol.com
Tue Oct 9 19:39:31 EDT 2007

Thanks

Jennifer Williams

-----Original Message-----
From: Marian Thacher <mthacher at otan.us>
To: technology at nifl.gov
Sent: Mon, 1 Oct 2007 2:51 pm
Subject: [Technology 1304] Tech Self-Assessment, what about tutors?

Jennifer Williams asked if this discussion would be good for tutors of adult learners, or more geared to a formal classroom situation. I would say that although the self-assessment is geared towards classroom teachers, tutors could gain some ideas from taking it as well. While you might not do a video project with an individual learner, a tutor could certainly use word processing or spreadsheet skills to create activities and worksheets, some assessment issues would be the same, and assistive technology might be appropriate in some situations. So I encourage tutors to participate and let us know which parts you find relevant to your situations.

Marian
Marian Thacher, OTAN
P.O. Box 269003
Sacramento, CA 95826-9003