National Institute for Literacy

[Technology 1289] Re: Building rapport

David J. Rosen djrosen at comcast.net
Mon Sep 17 14:04:05 EDT 2007

Hello Meredith,

On Sep 17, 2007, at 12:39 PM you wrote:

> I miss being able to see the actual act of writing; the starts and

> the rewrites. I wish there was a way for students to hit a

> "record" button on their word processors, and for these files to be

> shared, so you could see their writing process.

> Meredith

> Meredith Hutchings

> Curriculum Consultant

> NS Department of Education

> hutchidm at gov.ns.ca

> For more information about NSSAL: www.goNSSAL.ca

There is a way if students have access to the Web. Each student
could go to her or his own (free) wiki page, for example to the
Writing Together Wiki pages at:

http://writingtogether.pbwiki.com/

Each time a student saves a page it is saved forever as a separate
version. To see these versions the student -- or anyone -- can select
the "history" link at the bottom of the page. Here's an example:

http://writingtogether.pbwiki.com/Sample%20Student%20Writing%20Page

or, for short,

http://tinyurl.com/2hbw5r

David J. Rosen