National Institute for Literacy

[Technology 835] Internet Archive: Open Educational Resources (Beta)

Wendy Quinones wbquinones at comcast.net
Wed Feb 7 09:25:45 EST 2007

Hi all,
I stumbled on the Internet Archive website while looking for podcasts. Has anyone used it? This is the link to the specific education collection,

http://www.archive.org/details/education

but their homepage shows the true wealth that's here. One use that comes to my mind immediately is that I'm having my intermediate readers do poetry performances as a way of getting them to do repeated reading. The poetry recordings here could be great examples to them.

Other ideas?

Wendy Quinones
Community Learning Center
Cambridge, Massachusetts